Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tales for a Rainy Day

Hey!

I spent most of yesterday, up until midnight last night, tweaking the story to send it away. Both of the original scenes have been written, pov issues repaired, all of the oks changed to okay, lots of other small points. Here's the worst part. I draft in block format, no first line paragraph indent and double spaces between the paragraphs. But the publisher doesn't want it that way; they want it exactly the opposite, so I had to reformat the damn thing paragraph by paragraph because either MS Word won't do that or I'm a complete moron. Either is possible, believe me.

So, after running an errand with a friend, I'm back at it again, tweaking and obsessing. It's just what I do. Chris will be giving me the final run-through tonight and then I write my cover letter and kiss the whole thing good bye. Hopefully, within twelve weeks, I can declare myself published and ready to party. Granted, it will be close to a year before there's actually a book in my hand, but I can wait for that.

Still scared, nervous, excited, and still a little under the weather, but it's all good.


2 comments:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

I'm as excited as I could possibly be for a huge step taken by someone else. You're like my hero, man. Maybe that should be you're like my hero, dude. Either way, I'm so excited and scared and proud for you. The story is fantastic and tight and I can't wait to hear what the publisher says. You rock!

Unknown said...

D, you are the best! I admire everything you have done with your work. I know that Files will find a home, and I will pop the champagne when I see your name on Amazon :)