Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Taking the Big Step

Well, I made the decision a while ago that I wanted to publish a novel. So, I started working on that this week. My first book-length story, The Rosenberg Files, needs some tweaking, so that's the plan for this week. I do have some new stuff to write to make it complete, but for the most part, it's just correcting a couple of shifts in point of view and some awkward places. Of course, I had to change the names of the main characters, but that was a simple find and replace command to MS Word.

The basic work will remain exactly the same. We (Chris and I) came to the decision that I should leave it intact, including the sweaty, naked stuff, but if the publisher wants it removed, I'll do that too. I think it will be fine.

Anyway, I'm doing the revisions and trying to ignore the fact that I'm scared to death of the whole process, but I have to do it to prove something to myself. If I'm going to call myself a writer, I have to do this, despite my fears. The worst thing that can happen is that I get rejected, and I'm about as prepared as I can be for that. No one wants to hear that something that they did isn't good enough, but I have to swallow that fear and throw the work out the front door.

Wish me luck!

No comments: