Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dropping the ball

Since it would seem that I am dropping the ball and not keeping up with this blog, I decided to do something about that. Thanks to Deb for the kick in the butt.

Actually, I haven't been blogging because I've been writing so much. Sometimes the muse just won't shut up (thanks to Jen for that one). I've been banging away on the solo portions of my collaboration, and the results have been a lot of fun. The story is coming together, the setting is pretty concrete, and my challenges to write a convincing Russian accent are apparently landing with the desired effect. The story is becoming what I would define as a romp, with lots of action, goofiness, and some pretty "toothy" smut.

I also spent a lot of time today working on email responses. I spent close to an hour preparing a rather wordy in-service on writing mechanics for a friend who actually considered my offer of assistance to be a nice thing and not a slam. I've been doing that a lot lately, and it's nice to know that I hang out with mature people who understand that criticism is not a bad thing, but a sharing thing. If only the younger generation understood that.

I write as a way to share my issues and ideas, and if I just want to help, I appreciate the opportunity to do so.

No comments: