Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Everybody needs a little downtime


Everybody, even those of us who basically just hang out and write, needs a day off. I took one today. No email, no new writing, even though I did take about an hour to tweak some earlier stuff from the collaboration.

What I did do was take Chris to work, go to the grocery, baked a cake and made lasagna for a friend's birthday, put gas in the car, picked Chris up from work, went to the yarn store, bought yarn and a water cooler for the kitchen, went to Lowes, had dinner with friends, stuff like that. All in all, a pretty full day.

Just for fun, here's the cake:












Much fun was had by all, and it was nice to get some things done. I'll be back at the real work tomorrow. I got a really good idea for a character for the collaboration tonight, so I may have to bring him in for the next chapter. Should be fun.

Oh, and I just found out that my ex is going to be a Grandma. Wow. Congrats to Lin and Matthew. She just had to let me know that that makes me a Grandma-to-be-once-removed. Holy shit! Wow.

1 comment:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

Mmm. Cake. Where were you the night before last when we were dyign for a piece of cake or pie or something?