Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No distractions today

Well, today was a good day, especially in terms of writing.

I managed to hammer out over 4,000 words for the collaboration that I'm working on. I finished chapter 1 and got a really good running start into chapter 2. All good stuff and I was really happy to be able to work today. Through the writing today, the story has changed slightly from the original plans, but it really has no effect on the overall planning that went on with my collaborator last September. Just little things here and there, so it's all good. I'm eagerly awaiting Chris' return from taking the kids' friends home so she can do her editorial magic with today's work. Then I can send it off to my writing buddy and I do so hope that she likes it. I think she will.

Chris asked me a pretty importa
nt question about the story last night. She was wondering how D and I would compensate for the differences in our writing styles, but I think since we've created a story with two heroines, that it only makes sense that their respective points of view would read with a different kind of voice. I hope that's what will happen anyway, and I refuse to believe that it will become a problem. Paragon of optimism here, remember?

Anyway, that's the good news. Here's the not so good news:

Yep, it hurts. It hurts in a pretty special way, but I'm not going to worry about it too much. There's no sign of infection...just lots of bruises, so whatever. I went to the medicine cabinet today to see if we had any arnica gel, but alas, there was none, so I'll just keep my sock on and try not to obsess about it. Nothing I can really do, right?

Anyway, the kids have the day off school tomorrow, so I don't expect to get much done. I may have to go take a nap in a while so I can stay up late tonight. I'm rolling now and I'm eager to keep going.

Also, Chris just returned with the mail, really nice birth announcement from a good friend. She has the cutest kids and I'm so happy for her and her partner and their adorable new baby. Congrats, ladies...well done.

1 comment:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

The last time we bought some arnica ( don't know if I have that spelled correctly but the first suggestion in the spelling list is fornicate) it was 2 for 1 so we have an extra. Drop by anytime and you can have the other one. Of course, you know that in solidarity with you I decided to smash my toe as well. I don't think it will equal your fireworks but it does hurt. I'll send a picture tomorrow if it turns interesting.

Re: the collaboration. Your update was wonderful and I think will flow into mine perfectly. We need to start to outline the chapters to make sure we know where we're going to end up and how many chapters our "individual" parts will take. I can see Chris's concern but I figure the first part can be differing style and the second allows us to challenge ourselves to merge them.

Re: the announcement. Thanks so much. We think they're pretty cool too.

Ok, gotta go.